Why do you need to verify my identity and account?As a highly regulated gaming operator, we must comply with all regulatory requirements. This means taking steps to identify and verify the identity of all our customers and accounts in order to be able to provide our services.
The main reasons for verification are:
- Age: We must confirm that you're of legal age to gamble in your country. 🔞
- Self-Exclusion: We must check whether you've self-excluded from gambling. 🔓
- Identity: We must confirm that you are who you say you are. 👤
- Winnings: We must ensure all our pay-outs go to the right people! 💰
You can read more about verification requirements the official website of the UK Gambling Commission here.
What documents do I need to provide?We require a copy of a document from each of the following categories:
1. 👤 Identity Verification. A current, valid (not yet expired) ID that clearly shows your photograph, name, and date of birth:
- - Passport; or
- - National ID card (front and back); or
- - Current Driver's Licence (front and back); or
- - Armed Forces ID card (front and back); or
- - Other ID card with photo, name, and date of birth, as issued by a government/known government agency or body (front and back).
2. 🏡 Address Verification. A recent statement clearly showing your name and address in full:
- - Household utility bill (dated within the last 3 months); or
- - Bank, building society, or card statement (dated within the last 3 months); or
- - Current Driver's Licence (only if you have not already used this document as your Photo ID); or
- - Mortgage statement from a recognised lender (dated within the last 12 months); or
- - A letter from HMRC, or from the Department of Work and Pensions (dated within the last 12 months); or
- - Local authority tax or utility bill (for the current year only); or
- - National tax document, including tax assessment/notice of coding (for the current year only).
3. 💰 Deposit Verification. Either of the following:
- - An image of the front of each card that you've use to make deposits to your LottoGo account over the last 6 months. The image must clearly show your name, however for security purposes you may cover the 7th - 12th digits of your card number; or
- - A screenshot of your e-wallet or Paypal account, showing your name, address, and account email ID.
➕ Enhanced Checks. To comply with the regulations applied to all licensed gambling operators in the UK, we may from time to time be required to conduct enhanced verification checks in order to ensure that our customers are gambling safely, affordably, and responsibly. For us to ensure that you have a reliable and sufficient source of wealth/income to gamble with, the supporting documentation we'd request at this stage may include bank statements and/or pay slips.
Whenever we require any documentation from you, we'll email you the full details on what you'll need to provide.
Please ensure that all the documents you provide to us are clear, legible, show the contents corner-to-corner, and are issued by the relevant official authorised authorities/organisations.
What if I don't have, or don't provide you with, the required documents?Verifying the identity of all customers is a regulation that all gambling companies must adhere to in order be able to provide their services. Until we can successfully verify your identity, we may either suspend access to your LottoGo account, and/or restrict further deposits or withdrawals.
However, if you're struggling to find suitable documents, don't worry! Other documents issued by authorised authorities may be accepted, and we'll assess these on a case-by-case basis.
Please get in touch with our team either by using the Live Chat on site, or by emailing [email protected]. 👋🏼
I'd like to cover/redact some of the information on the required documents – will it still be acceptable?We understand that you may want to cover/redact some of the information on your documents before submitting them for verification.
Depending on the type of documents you provide, the parts that must be visible are (where applicable):
- - Your full name;
- - Your date of birth;
- - Your residential address, as registered to your LottoGo account;
- - Your nationality;
- - The first 6 and last 4 digits of the payment card number;
- - The signature on the back of the payment card;
- - The issue date and valid period of the payment card;
- - The issuing authority of the payment card; and
- - The relevant account number/s.
I'd like to change personal details on my account – do I need to provide any documentation?Your account security is crucial to us, and changing certain details on your LottoGo account will therefore require supporting documentation issued by an authorised authority.
To change your registered name and/or date of birth, please provide a copy of a document relevant to your circumstances, which may include:
- - A valid passport or national identification card and/or;
- - A marriage/partnership and/or;
- - A decree absolute/civil partnership dissolution certificate.
To change your registered residential address, we'll require a copy of a utility bill or bank statement (dated within the last 3 months), addressed to you, which confirms this change.
If we can assist in any way, please get in touch with our team! You can either use the Live Chat on site, or email us on [email protected]..
When do I need to provide the required documents to you?Once we've sent you a verification documentation request via email, please provide copies of the required documents to us within 7 days. You'll be able to easily upload your documents to us on our site using the link from the email, or simply by logging in, visiting your Account area and heading to 'Upload Documents'.
As soon as we receive your documents, we aim to review them within 48 hours. Please ensure that all the documents you provide are clear and easy to read - the quicker we're able to complete the verification process, the quicker you're able to enjoy LottoGo! ✔
If you'd like any assistance, please get in touch with our team who are always happy to help. You can either use the Live Chat on site, or email us on [email protected].
How should I provide my documents to you?Copies of all required documents may be uploaded instantly and securely in the 'Upload Documents' area of the site. Once we request any documentation for your account, you can access this area either by using the link sent to you via email, or by heading over to your Account menu on the site.
If you prefer, you may send your documents to us via email to [email protected], using the email address registered to your LottoGo account only.
You may also send them via post to 'LottoGo c/o Annexio Limited, Fort Anne, South Quay, Douglas, Isle of Man, British Isles, IM1 5BU'. Please make sure that these are clearly marked as confidential and for the attention of the Compliance Department.
How do I find out when and if my documents have been successfully verified?As soon as you've submitted a required document in your Upload Documents area, the document will go into a 'Pending' state, which means it's in the queue to be reviewed by our team! As soon as we've reviewed your uploaded documents, we'll send you an email to let you know whether verification has been successful! 📩
You can check on the status of your document(s) online at any time by heading to the Upload Documents area of the site. Once your documents have been reviewed, their status will show as changed. If approved, they'll show 'Success' rather than 'Pending'. However, if we've been unable to verify any of your documents, their status will show as 'Failed', and you'll be able to tap into this and find out the reason why.
Please note that at busy times, your verification review could take up to 48 hours from the time that you submit your documents.
How do you ensure that the documents I provided to you are secure?Data protection and the privacy and security of all our players is of the utmost importance to us. We're registered with The Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner, and operate in full compliance with The Data Protection Act 2018.
All your personal data (including documents) provided to us are securely processed and stored in a secure encrypted database, and we are ISO 27001 Information Security Certified.
I’ve already verified my identity, so why do I need to provide further documents?In line with the regulations applied to all UK gambling providers, under our licence we may be required to conduct enhanced due diligence checks in order to ensure that our customers are gambling safely, affordably, and responsibly. These checks help us to verify that you have reliable and sufficient source of wealth/income with which to gamble. If you’re asked for further supporting documentation, this could be provided in the form of copies of:
- - Bank statements from the last 3 months; and
- - Payslips from the last 3 months; or your annual tax return to HMRC; or your most recent P60; or
- - Other income that could be documented may include a pension plan; rental income by contract; trust; settlements; sale of assets; or
- - An investment/asset portfolio issued by a recognised financial institution; or
- - Winnings (evidence of winnings and payment from another operator/company); or
- - Inheritance documentation (beneficiary letter from a Lawyer).
If you've got any queries or if we assist with your supporting documentation, please get in touch with our team. You can either use the Live Chat on site, or email us on [email protected].
Can you delete my documents once my account and identity are successfully verified?As part of our operating license conditions and requirements under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR), we're legally obliged to securely retain the data and documents of players for a minimum of five (5) years after an account is closed. After this period, we are then able to delete them.
I've provided the same type of document before, why would I need to provide it again?From time to time, we'll carry out routine checks to ensure that all the verification documents we have for your LottoGo account are still valid, correct, and up-to-date. We may therefore email you to ensure we've got all the right details, and request for you to upload your most recent documents. 👍
It may also be the case that we request for you to upload an improved quality version of your document. Please therefore ensure that all the documents you provide to us are clear, legible, show the contents corner-to-corner, and are issued by the relevant official authorised authorities / organisations.
I think I have been a victim of fraud. What do I do?Please contact our Member Support team immediately on [email protected], providing full details of the suspected fraudulent activity so that we can investigate it as soon as possible.
As a precaution, we'll suspend access your LottoGo account and go through some initial checks with you. Based on our findings, we'll assess if any fraudulent activity has taken place.
If fraud is suspected, we'll be able to refund any payments taken from your account. However, if we do not suspect that you've been a victim of fraud, we'll request for you to contact your bank directly and request that they contact us to discuss your account.